Flow Cytometry Job Description
The immunology department within MPI Research, a full service pre-clinical contract research organization located in Mattawan, MI., is seeking an experienced flow cytometry professional for a full time position.
- Operation, troubleshooting, and scheduled maintenance of LSR Fortessa and Cytomics FC500 MPL flow cytometers.
- Independent flow cytometric experimental design, method development, and validation.
- Routine and non routine sample analysis in a GLP compliant BSL-2 laboratory
- Demonstrate and maintain current knowledge of applicable GLP regulations (21CFR parts 58 & 11)
He/she may supervise a junior operator that will be responsible for GLP/Non GLP sample analysis and will QC data produced by junior analysts. Additional duties include training junior analysts and assisting scientist with development of flow cytometric immunotoxicology assays.
- Bachelor's degree in biomedical science or equivalent required with ≥ 3 years verifiable hands on operational experience on LSR Fortessa/LSR II or Cytomics FC500 MPL Instruments
- M.S. in biomedical science or equivalent with ≥ 2 years preferred with verifiable hands on operational experience on LSR Fortessa/LSR II or Cytomics FC500 MPL Instruments.
- Software competency on each platform and relevant computer programs such as FlowJo 7.6.4.
- Must have ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, excellent verbal and written communication skills with extreme attention to detail, and ability to work effectively with a broad range of individuals within the company.
- Previous exposure to cell culture and aseptic technique
- Experience working in a GLP environment is a plus.
Please submit resume or C.V. electronically to:
John T. Farmer, Ph.D.
Manager (Immunotoxicology & Flow Cytometry)
Department of Immunology
54943 North Main Street
Mattawan, MI 49071-9399 U.S.A.
Telephone: 269-668-3336 Ext: 1439