Re: System software and CellQuest

PLM Enterprises and Designs (plem@erols.com)
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 00:30:07 -0400

Michelle,

I have a new PMac attached to my FACSort, and have been told I have the
latest software (system installed late May 97). I was also told by B-D
that anything higher than 7.5.3 won't work with this latest CellQuest
version.

I would first find out how much 1 - system memory you have, and see if
it needs more,
2 - storage memory you have, and see if
you need more

These issues are critical knowing that it is used for other things as
well. I also have had communications problems with my system, at first.
Not so much now though, and nothing a power down than up again wouldn't
fix...I know, not a good answer, but one that "works".

I "grew up" a PC baby, so I am now learning tyhe MAC way of the world,
and in so doing have heard that yes, some MAC programs can indeed cause
incompatibility problems. You may have to dump all but the most
critical...get rid of all games, screen savers...all memory consuming,
megabyte using programs.

P. Echeagaray
Flow Cytometry Services
Southern Research Frederick