Re: Nuclear TdT? Which method is better?

adriano venditti (avenditti@mail.pelagus.it)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:14:15 +0200

kcdol@samsung.co.kr wrote:

> Dear collegues
>
> I wonder how many laboratories do the nuclear TdT stain
> by flow cytometric method after membrane permeabilization
> not by cytospin followed by fluorscence microscopic reading?
>
> In case of flow cytometric method, which protocol for membrane
> permeabilization you use?
> Is the permeabilization reagent Triton-X, saponin, FACS Lysing Solution,
> FACS Permeabilization Solution, Fix&Perm, or something special?
>
> And, have you ever tried to compare the results between
> flow cytometric method and cytospin method?
>
> Any comments will be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Chang-Seok Ki, M.D.
> Dept. of Clinical Pathology
> Samsung Medical Center
> Seoul, Korea
> Tel. 82-2-3410-2708
> Fax. 82-2-3410-2719
> E-mail. kcdol@samsung.co.kr
> ---------------------------------
We use to investigate nuclear Tdt expression by flow cytometry with a
permeabilization protocol. We have used orthopermeafix and Perm and Fix
and they compare well. A collegue of mine is currently developing a
permeabilization protocol associating tryton and paraphormaldeyde with
excellent results in terms of detection.
Adriano Venditti
Cattedra di Ematologia-Università di Roma "Tor Vergata"
tel.+39-6-59044101
fax.+39-6-5915965
E-mail.avenditti@pelagus.it