FW: biotin-avidin sandwiches, anyone?

Kevin Holmes (KHOLMES@atlas.niaid.nih.gov)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:22:55 -0400

Mark,
One reference to this is: Cohen, et al., J. Immunol. Methods: 99
(1987), 53-58.
Honestly I've hadn't had a lot of success with this type of procedure,
however. I've tried what Cohen did, ie.
biotin-mAb/Avidin-PE/Anti-avidin-biotin/PE-Av , using reagents from
Sigma. It didn't give me much increase in signal; I'm not sure why.
Anyway, let me know if you get it to work.

Kevin L. Holmes, Ph.D.
Head, Flow cytometry Unit
Office of the Scientific Director
Bldg. 7, Room 01
NIAID, NIH

Phone: 301-496-9071
FAX: 301-402-4532
Email: kholmes@atlas.niaid.nih.gov

----------
From:
KUKURUGA@medmail.med.umich.edu[SMTP:KUKURUGA@medmail.med.umich.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 1997 1:14PM
To: cyto-inbox
Subject: biotin-avidin sandwiches, anyone?

I've heard of a technique for amplifying signal of low density
antigens by
creating layers of avidin-biotin complex, thereby increasing the
available
biotin targets for the finally added fluorescent-conjugated avidin.
Anyone
know about this, and do you have references? I've searched, but I
guess
I can't come up with the proper key words.
Thanks.
MAK.

---
Mark A. KuKuruga, Managing Director