Re: Cryopreservation- Annexin V binding

Eric Miller (millere@icrf.icnet.uk)
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 19:39:18 +0100 (BST)

In my experience DMSO preservatives do indeed lead to Annexin-V
positivity. This seems to be the case with both tumour FNA samples and
trypsinised cell lines. The preservative I use is the standard freezing
mixture, 10% DMSO in fetal calf serum.

Eric P Miller
Edinburgh Medical Oncology Unit

"Wouldn't it be nice if hospitals and schools had all the money they
needed and the army had to hold jumble sales to buy guns?"