RE: Minimum number of mouse cells for Flow

Snider Denis (sniderd@fhs.csu.mcmaster.ca)
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 14:50:39 -0400

Patricia,

We have been analyzing mouse PBMC for a while now. We take 50-150
microlitre of blood, dropped immediately into EDTA-PBS solution. Then
it is spun onto Ficoll-H to get rid of RBC and grans. The resulting
PBMC are very viable. Usually we have enough cells (2-3 X 10e5 per
tube) for between 2 and 4 tubes. We often run 4 tube assays on single
isolations.

Good luck.

Denis Snider