RE: Fileguard

Pizzo,Eugene (Pizzo@nso1.uchc.edu)
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 22:21:06 -0400

Cheryl Smith,

With due respect I would be very cautious before aligning your
error 10 crashes with FileGuard. In nearly a year of continuous
usage on 4 versions of the PowerMac running a FACStar Plus,
a FACScan, a FACSCalibur and a workstation I have had no problems
with FileGuard after the initial bugs were removed from 3.0. That is not
to say however that I have not had error 10 crashes in attempting to
save CellQuest templates - I have, but almost without exception these
have occured when the path of the files associated with the template
had been disrupted or confused as when a zip disk containing template files
had been ejected prior to closing the template. I have also detected
that it is important to define the directory path prior to establishing the

connection with the cytometer, that is bringing up acquisition control.

Gene Pizzo/UCONN Health
----------
From: Cheryl Smith
To: cyto-inbox
Subject: Fileguard
Date: Monday, August 11, 1997 5:06PM

I have been using Fileguard 3.0.5 on my FACScalibur with Cellquest 3.0.1,
and have been running into "error 10" crashes when attempting to save
cellquest documents. Previously, with Fileguard 3.0.4, I had similar
problems when attempting to open a new folder using Cellquest. (No problem
when the new folder was just opened on the desktop) I didn't find anything
regarding this type of problem in the archives. Can anyone help?
Everything seems to work alright when Fileguard is disabled.

Thanks,
Cheryl