Re: DNA and surface staining on a FACSCalibur

Larry Arnold (lwarma@med.unc.edu)
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 15:47:47 -0400 (EDT)

Derek

Sounds like doublets. As you note the FACScan/Calibur is not good at
resolving doublets using H vs A. You need to use A vs W. If B-D had
designed the instrument right you wouldn't have been forced to use A vs H
with the dual laser system. If you can do calculated parameters on
CellQuest (I don't use their software so I don't know if this is supported)
you might try doing a partial square on the area parameter to try to
mathematically pull them away from the diagonal.

Larry Arnold
Univ. of Nroth Carolina