Re: apoptosis

LAADAMS@am.pnu.com
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 15:08:22 -0400

Jane,

Contact the good people at Phoenix Flow Systems. They sell this as a kit
which includes positive and negative controls. They can be reached at
800-886-3569 or email: info@phnxflow.com.

Lisa Adams
Cancer Research
Pharmacia & Upjohn
Kalamazoo, MI

Subject: apoptosis
Author: "Hughes; EJ; Jane; Ms" <JHUGHES@ICH.UCT.AC.ZA> at INTERNET
Date: 4/22/97 11:30 AM

Dear Flowers

We are setting up an apoptosis assay using FITC anti BrdU ( the
method of Xun Li, Traganos and Darzynkiewicz) and I have a few
questions (I do hope not TOO basic!!)

1. Should one use an Isotypic control.
2.I want to immunophenotype first, should I lyse the RBC after
immunophenotyping and before DNA cleavage. (I wasn't sure from the
method whether Triton would lyse the cells as RBC lysis is not given
as a step)
3. What are the options for positive controls.

Thanks

Jane Hughes
Immunology Section
ICH Lab, Dept Paediatrics