Re: Mouse CD95L Fas ligand

Rochelle A. Diamond (diamond@cco.caltech.edu)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 16:36:49 -0800 (PST)

Check out Alexis Biochemicals in San Diego-1- 800-900-0065 phone,
1-800-900-9224 fax.
On page 211 of their most recent catalog they have monoclonal A11 which is
a rat IgM (beware of cytotoxicity) which is purified, biotinylated, or
fitc conjugated. All about $490.00. They also list monoclonal H11 which
is purified (100ug) and is a rat IgG2a.

I am personnally interested in hearing from anyone who has used the IgM
conjugates for flow cytometry and sorting. How cytotoxic is it and how
bright are the conjugates? The only analysis I have seen has been with
polyclonal antibody indirect reagents which were quite adequate but I am
looking to use it in multicolor systems.

I was just talking with Brian at Alexis- Technical person- he gave me two
references for the conjugate clone- Science vol274 Nov22,1996 (Hahne et
al) and Int. Immunology 7, 1381 (1995) Hahne et al.

Hope this helps,
Rochelle Diamond
California Institute of Technology
Biology Division