!- file: clasthr1.htm, first display: Oct.10, 1996 ->
CLASSIF1 On-Line Operation
Myocardial Infarction Risk Assessment
(Thrombocyte Activation Antigens)
- The CLASSIF1 program is On-Line operated via a
This permits the transfer of ASCII characters but not of
graphic information. For this reason the:
are given beforehand.
- It is recommended to print this screen prior to the start
of the CLASSIF1 On-Line session
- The calling sequence for the
Telnet program has to be known to the Internet browser. This is
either accomplished from the browser's user surface like in
some Netscape versions (Preferences) or by changes in the browser's
.INI file like NETSCAPE.INI or MOSAIC.INI. These editable files are
located in the WINDOWS directory or in the browser's own subdirectory.
The [viewers] paragraph in these files contains a: telnet= command line.
The calling sequence for a WINDOWS version of the Telnet client program
is inserted here e.g.: telnet=c:\windows\qvt\wnqvtwsk.exe
- In case a Telnet client program is not available, the public
can be downloaded in compressed form and be decompressed by program:
Following transfer of the files e.g. into the directory c:\windows\qvt,
the program is decompressed by program: pkunzip -d *.zip and
installed under Windows by the: file/new command of the: program manager.
- Only one Telnet user can login at a time. Subsequent users
will receive the error message: "Unable to launch application ! Error
Code = 16"
- The CLASSIF1 program on the Telnet Server is operated on a 33Mhz
80386/387 PC. The execution speed is approximately three times
faster in PC's equipped with a 90Mhz Pentium processor.
The commands of the CLASSIF1 user surface menu are:
- LRNTHROM learn thrombocyte classifier:
44 database columns from
FSC/SSC/CD62, CD63, thrombospondin and IgG one color assays for a total of
128 normal/myocardial risk/diabetic patients (Pentium 90Mhz: 61sec)
- CLSTHROM classify a CD62,CD63, thrombospondin,
IgG blood sample (Pentium 90Mhz: 27sec)
- CNVDBAS3 convert a Dbase3 database with non
cytometric data from melanoma patients into CLASSIF1 format (Pentium 90Mhz:
- LRNMELAN learn on converted Dbase3 melanoma patient data
A = 10 year survivors, B = 10 year non survivors (Pentium 90Mhz: 16sec)
- VCLAS CLASLERN/CLASFIND/MERGE/ABNORMAL view information
on learn and sample classification, database merge and parameter means
- VCLAS CLASLERN TH1LEARN/CY1LEARN/OT1LEARN
- VCLAS CLASFIND TH1LRN1/CYLRN1
- The CLASSIF1 text editor program for the VCLAS command is Wordstar
- CLASSIF1 commands are selected via the "arrow" keys on the PC-keyboard
and activated by pressing the Enter-key.
- simultaneous Ctrl K X keys to leave the program
- simultaneous Ctrl S, Ctrl D, Ctrl A, Ctrl F for right/left one character
or one word
- simultaneous Ctrl E, Ctrl X, Ctrl R, Ctrl C for up/down one line or one
- CLASSIF1 sub-screens are left by sequentially pressing the: Esc and E keys
- The Telnet session is terminated by sequential: Esc and X keys.
Following termination of the Telnet session, the terminal
emulation program has to be closed by the appropriate mouse clicks.
- The command list of the Telnet server is displayed by sequential:
Esc and H keys.
For problems or comments, please contact:
Max-Planck-Institut für Biochemie,
Am Klopferspitz 18a, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany,
Tel: +49/89/8578-2518, -2525, Fax: +49/89/8578-2563,
INTERNET address: http://www.biochem.mpg.de/valet/cellbio.html
Last update: Aug.28, 1996
CD ROM Vol 2 was produced by staff at the Purdue University Cytometry Laboratories
and distributed free of charge as an educational service to the cytometry community.
If you have any comments please direct them to Dr. J. Paul Robinson, Professor & Director, PUCL,
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907. Phone:(317) 494-0757; FAX (317) 494-0517; Web http://www.cyto.purdue.edu