Re: Inter-species cross reactivity

ARCROS@monsanto.com
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:51:17 -0500

Keith,

Vendors will supply you with cross-reactivity charts for their
antibodies either with their catalogs or by request when you call
them. We have had good luck with Genzyme diagnostics and
VMRD(Veterinay Medical R&D). The same antibody will cross-react
differntly from company to company, so many times trial and error with
different companies' antibodies is necessary to get the desired
result.

Amy Crosbie
Searle Pharma.
Skokie, IL

Subject: Inter-species cross reactivity
Author: owner-cyto-sendout@flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu at INTERNET
Date: 8/26/97 15:28

I was wondering if anyone had seen a reference which listed antibody
cross-reactivity between species? I know quite often labs must use trial
and error to find out what works. It seems that much time could be saved if
a database was compiled listing which clones would or would not work in
multiple species?

Seen anything?

If not, does anyone have any server space?? :-)

kb

Keith Bahjat
University of Florida
School of Medicine