Re: FACStar Plus Problem solved (thanks to BDIS USA !!!)

Ray Hicks (rh208@cus.cam.ac.uk)
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:19:18 +0100

Hi Matthias,

Interestingly I had the same thing happen to me a few years back, I
understand that one of the field "upgrades" that should have been carried
out as part of the preventative maintenance, would have circumvented this
(the fuse holders in the left hand side of the console go soft and develop
a high resistance causing a voltage drop that brings the supply to a lower
voltage than that on the comparator on the status board). Eventually the
"upgrade" (and a few others) was carried out on a Sunday. It took about
two weeks in my case.

On the whole B-D's service is reasonable, but occasionally its very trying.

Ray

At 9:24 pm +0200 21/8/97, Matthias Haury wrote:
>Bonsoir again,
>
>Thanks to a Pierce Norton (a BDIS service representative in the US, just
>for those who have not experienced the power of the internet, as well as
>good BDIS service...), the problem I had is pretty much solved.
>
>It is a problem concerning the battery, if the battery goes too low, the
>status board get's somehow blocked and has to be released by changing a
>potentiometer setting on the status board (more details on request)....
>
>Pierce, thanks very very much, I tried to get back to you by phone, but the
>number you gave me didn't work (or I wrote down the wrong number...).
>Anyway, your instructions were great... really appreciated it.
>
>Cheers, and thanks to all who replied in addition.
>
>Matthias
>
>_____________________________________________________________________________
>Matthias Haury Flowcytometry Dept Immunology Institut Pasteur
>mhaury@pasteur.fr Tel: 33 (01) 40 61 31 29 Fax: 33 (01) 45 68 86 39

Ray Hicks
|University of Cambridge |Tel 01223 330149 |
|Department of Medicine |Fax 01223 336846 |
|Level 5, Addenbrookes Hospital |e-mail <rh208@cus.cam.ac.uk> |
|Hills Road Cambridge |Web http://facsmac.med.cam.ac.uk |
|CB2 |ftp server ftp://131.111.80.78 |
|UK | |