Re: anti human OX40 antibody

Timothy J Farley (tfarley@computer.net)
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 19:31:35 -0400

> Subject: anti human OX40 antibody
> Date: Sunday, August 17, 1997 9:31 AM
>

> We are interested in looking at the feasibility of assaying for OX40
expression
> in our post transplant patients who have a transplant crisis. We wonder
if it
> might be an aid in detecting the difference in cyclosporin toxicity or
immune
> transplant rejection. Has anyone else looked at this?
>
> Also, the one source that I have thus far located for the antibody has
indicated
> that their product (Pharmingen) is suitable for fixed, paraffin embedded
tissue
> sections but does not mention suitability or unsuitability of the
antibody for
> flow cytometric procedures. Has anyone used the Pharmingen OX40 antibody
for
> floe cytometry? What are your experiences?

Robert, were using the anti-OX 40 antibody (CD134) from Pharminigen for
flow analysis of peripheral blood in patients post-allo BMT. We have the PE
clone. Expression is on the dim side. Not sure of any work in solid organ
setting. The data looks very interesting in allogeneic bone marrow
recipients. You might want to take a look at a recent paper that appeared
in Blood from Richard Maziarz lab at Oregon UHC.