Re: Two hairy proposals--sorry!

Steve G. Hilliard (steve@habanero.cb.uga.edu)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:52:05 -0400 (EDT)

To followup to my own post, I apologize about subject B--we have since
discovered quite a few papers dealing with in vivo tissues. That's what I
get for relying on someone else's lit search! Any suggestions still
gratefully accepted!

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Steve G. Hilliard wrote:

> b) Subject B has already collected (! arrgghh !) spleen and bone
> marrow samples from mice exposed to high levels of radiation, and
> would like to do micronuclei assays or chromatin fragmentation. The
> Nusse et al chapter in the "D.R.C., Methods in Cell Bio. vol II" seems
> promising, but only with cell cultures. Primary tissue apparently has
> a lot of debris, which confuses the detection of micronuclei. I would
> also think that this will be especially difficult with heterogeneous
> tissue like bone marrow.

Steve G. Hilliard Linux: In a world
Cell Analysis Facility without fences,
University of Georgia who needs Gates?