Re: Re[2]: Leave FCS3.0 alone.

Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. (rleif@rleif.com)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 18:25:22 -0700

To: cyto-inbox
From: Bob Leif

Please see Suzanne Leif's and my posting on the ISAC web site and
R. C. Leif and S. B. Leif, "Evolution of Flow Cytometry Standard, FCS3.0,
into a DICOM-Compatible Format". Optical Diagnostics of Biological Fluids
and Advanced Techniques in Analytical Cytology, Ed. A. V. Priezzhev , T.
Asakura, and R. C. Leif. A. Katzir Series Editor, Progress Biomedical
Optics Series , SPIE Proceedings Series,Vol. 2982, pp 354-366 (1997).

Many of your very good suggestions were separately arrived at by us.
However, there are two separate subjects: 1) What should be included in a
Flow Cytometry File for Data Transfer and 2) The actual format for the Flow
Cytometry File for Data Transfer. We suggested switching to the Digital
Imaging and Communications in Medicine, DICOM, format after the year 2000.

My client Phoenix Flow has a product, QC-Tracker, which can be transformed
into a generic FCS reader, data storage system, and user programmable data
analysis system. Would you or others be interested in this type of product?