Re: UV and Visible beads

Ray Hicks (hicks@icrf.icnet.uk)
Wed, 24 May 1995 16:28:05 +0100 (BST)

Greetings to Cambridge
Polysciences produce a several types of bead two of which should meet=20
your needs:

Fluoresbrite calibration beads 50nm to 6=B5m which fluoresce yellow green=
=20
and excite well at 488 and reasonably at 325 (they are dazzlingly bright=20
unless you use the smaller spheres I use 1 micron beads order code 18860)

Fluoresbrite Polychromatic Microspheres same size range but fluorescing=20
orange with UV excitation, red with 488.

The beads are in a 2.5% suspension and one drop dilutes to seemingly a=20
litre of useful concentration.In 1991 1ml cost about 70 pounds and I've=20
still got some of it left.

Polysciences were (and I presume still are) to be reached at:

24 Low Farm Place
Moulton Park
Northampton
NN3 1HY