Re: Recharge accounts and federal regulation of them?????

Neal Benson (neal-benson@ufl.edu)
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 13:15:32 -0400

Sue,

While I confess to not being an expert on the subject, we did get some
education from our administration here. You can charge for "depreciation";
however, here (and I expect at most other US universities) the depreciation
is covered in the overhead rate (i.e. under the indirect costs). You cannot
double-bill for it, so that means that you can't figure it in your rate to
your users.

Now what happens to the overhead, that's a different story... (My lab surely
doesn't see it.)

Regards,
Neal

--