Transit time (fwd)

mcfarland david c (mcfarlnd@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:45:27 -0600 (CST)

University of Illinois Biotechnology Center
Flow Cytometry Facility

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:41:33 -0600 (CST)
From: Raymond B. Hester <rhester@jaguar1.usouthal.edu>
To: cyto-inbox
Subject: Transit time

Dear Group,

An investigator wants to look (using flow) at Ca++ responses that occur
within seconds (as in 1 or 2 seconds) after the addition of a particular
agent to dissociated endothelial/epithelial cells. Can anyone tell us
the fastest transit time from sample uptake to laser intercept
with either a Coulter Elite or FACSVantage? I also seem to remember a
commercially available device that could be attached to (any?) flow
cytometer and that increased the speed of sample injection. Does anyone
know the particulars about this device - manufacturer, cost, and how well
it works? Can it can be attached to both the Coulter Elite and the
FACS Vantage?

Thanks for any info.

Ray

Raymond B. Hester, Ph.D.