Network Control Programs
- Various CytometryNet sites can be depicted in a
map according to their geographical location or to their function in
the local network of universities or other larger institution can be
controlled. All locations appear originally in yellow
CytometryNet after "CHECK"
- The "check" buttom triggers a serial sequence of
"ping" and "trace" commands to each of the locations.
Green stained sites
are reachable without problems while red stained sites are either not
at all reached or only with substantial delays
Ping Command in the CytometryNet"
- "Ping" commands can be send to any of the locations by clicking
onto the respective icons.
Trace Command in the CytometryNet"
- "Trace" can be sent as an alternative to any of the locations
onto the respective icon. This provides an impression on the routing
of network information.
Search for Fast Access Relay Stations
- CytometryNet users can determine by WS_WATCH which relay station
is best reached from their own location
Internet at Rimini1996
- Internet users can also check the connection to the presently
availabe Internet connection close to the ISACXVIII conference
site in Rimini 1996
For problems or comments, please contact:
Max-Planck-Institut für Biochemie,
Am Klopferspitz 18a, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany,
Tel: +49/89/8578-2518, -2525, Fax: +49/89/8578-2563,
INTERNET address: http://www.biochem.mpg.de/valet/cytorel.html
Last Update: Nov.11, 1996