!- file: clascyc1.htm, first display: Oct.10, 1995 ->
- It is recommended to print this screen prior to the start of the CLASSIF1 On-Line session
- The calling sequence for the Telnet program has to be known to the Internet browser. This is either accomplished from the browser's user surface like in some Netscape versions (Preferences) or by changes in the browser's .INI file like NETSCAPE.INI or MOSAIC.INI. These editable files are located in the WINDOWS directory or in the browser's own subdirectory. The [viewers] paragraph in these files contains a: telnet= command line. The calling sequence for a WINDOWS version of the Telnet client program is inserted here e.g.: telnet=c:\windows\qvt\wnqvtwsk.exe
- In case a Telnet client program is not available, the public domaine program: wnqvtwsk.exe can be downloaded in compressed form and be decompressed by program: pkunzip.exe. Following transfer of the files e.g. into the directory c:\windows\qvt, the program is decompressed in this directory by program: pkunzip -d *.zip and then installed under Windows3.x by the: file/new command of the: program manager.
- Only one Telnet user can login at a time. Subsequent users will receive the error message: "Unable to launch application ! Error Code = 16"
- The CLASSIF1 program on the Telnet Server is operated on a 33Mhz 80386/387 PC. The execution speed is approximately three times faster in PC's equipped with a 90Mhz Pentium processor. The commands of the CLASSIF1 user surface menu are:
- The CLASSIF1 text editor program for the VCLAS command is Wordstar like with:
- CLASSIF1 sub-screens are left by sequentially pressing the: Esc and E keys
- The Telnet session is terminated by sequential: Esc and X keys. Following termination of the Telnet session, the terminal emulation program has to be closed by the appropriate mouse clicks.
- The command list of the Telnet server is displayed by sequential: Esc and H keys.